I have been challenged by Xxxx for 5 days to list 3 things each day that I am thankful for. I gladly accept this challenge because too often we focus on the negatives in our lives instead of the blessings. Now the fun part, I nominate Xxxx, Eric, Xxx, and Xxxxx. Don't ask me why, just do it
1. I am thankful that I have a loving God who is forgiving because this woman needs it daily!
2. I am thankful for my husband, children and grandchildren, this wonderful, precious, blessing of a family. At times I can't believe how blessed I am!
3. I am truly thankful for this life that God has chosen for me. There were times when I wanted to change it and run away from it. But God new best and helped me through those selfish times and got me to this point where I can say "amen and amen". Make sense?
I'm accepting this challenge because I have a lot to be thankful for. But I'm also going to challenge a few other people to do the same. Rather than name specific individuals, I'd like you to just let me know, either by commenting below, or by tweeting to @Eric66F, that you are accepting the challenge. Thanks in advance for joining me!
I'm home alone this week once again, with my daughter, Melody, and Faithful Pup Scout over at my parent's place this week. It's the last week of Summer vacation before school begins on Monday. Melody is not looking forward to school, she says, because she doesn't want to have to do so much homework. I feel for her. Last year, in fourth grade, the amount of homework she had to do increased dramatically. She's a smart girl, and she really does well working independently, but it was a surprise to see how much she had each day. She used to be able to get her homework completed in about an hour or so, but last year, she worked for 2 to 3 hours every night. I don't remember ever having so much homework when I was a student. Add in her clarinet practice, and she has very little free time each day. I'm so thankful that she is as responsible as she is. While she doesn't like how much time her homework requires, she doesn't question why she has to do it. She just does it. I love that about her. And that's why I love to go out and have fun with her. She deserves it.
So here are my three things that I'm thankful for today, Day 1:
- I'm thankful for my Lord and Savior, Jesus, who gives me the promise of eternal life.
- I am so thankful for my little girl, my greatest earthly blessing, who I love so much and keeps my life so exciting. She is beautiful to me in every way.
- I am thankful for the job and career that I have been blessed with. Despite the difficulty associated with it, the stress, the responsibilities, and the frustrations, I still get up each morning enthusiastic about what I do. On top of that, I am honored to serve my country as a public servant. Patriotism swells in the heart of this American cartographer/manager.
Have a great evening, everyone!