All right, I'm about fed up with the whole online dating scene. I've tried all of the sites, gone on about a dozen dates, and continue to attract the wrong women. So I'm looking for help. If you, the reader, would care to assist me in offering me feedback, I'm going to post my online profile. Thanks for your help.
20 things about me:
1. I love the Lord!
2. I love my little girl! She's 8, very cute, very smart, and makes me laugh.
3. I believe your work ethic is more important and impressive than how much money you make.
4. I believe it's important to tell your loved ones everyday how much you love them. You can't say it enough.
5. The city of Pittsburgh is a wonderful place! I am very passionate about my Steelers, Penguins, and Pirates. I'm also a die-hard Terp!
6. I'm a bit of an introvert, but will open up with the right person.
7. I love road trips! I've driven the entire length of (what's left of) old Route 66. Driving through God's beauty in the American West is both therapeutic and humbling. I've driven through 41 U. S. states and 5 Canadian provinces, but I've been to only one other country.
8. I like the mountains a little bit better than the beach.
9. I believe in chivalry and respecting the opposite sex. I'm a traditional guy...a bit of a throw-back. You can trust me to always be a gentleman with you, and you can expect to be seriously romanced if we hit it off.
10. My favorite movie of all time is IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE. If you haven't seen it, I can't recommend it enough. Especially if you can see it on the big screen. It always puts me in a Christmas spirit.
11. One of my role models is Richie Cunningham from HAPPY DAYS. Most guys wanted to be like the Fonz. I wanted to be like Richie.
12. I would love to have a tennis partner.
13. My favorite movie of all time is JOE VERSUS THE VOLCANO. You'll like it only if you GET it. Most people don't GET it. It is amusing and inspiring, filled with symbolism, and very romantic.
14. I'm not a great cook, but I make a mean pot of chili. I probably go out to eat more often than I should.
15. I love roller coasters! Not only are they a lot of fun, but they seem to be a metaphor for my life.
16. I am frequently accused of being a nice guy (yes, the kiss of death when it comes to dating, but I can provide references), but I will do whatever possible to never finish last.
17. I don't care for coffee or beer. I just never acquired a taste for either. I'm not against my partner drinking, however.
18. My favorite movie of all time is REAR WINDOW......and NORTH BY NORTHWEST.....and YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN......and OCEAN'S ELEVEN....and CARS...and MR. SMITH GOES TO WASHINGTON...and TOMBSTONE...and GLORY...and GRAND CANYON...and...!
19. WHO I'M ATTRACTED TO: You are beautiful (to me), inside and out. You honor old-fashioned values with modern sensibilities. You are a Christian. You are a person of high-character and confidence. You love your family. You are a bit of an extrovert, but not overbearing. You enjoy playing and watching sports, or will at least put up with my passionate fanaticism. You understand my need to take care of my daughter, though I promise you will receive the attention you deserve. Your friends may describe you as nice and attractive. You are happy, both with yourself and your life, but you recognize that a potential mate can only enhance your life. You put God first, and you understand that by doing so, you open yourself up to love. If this sounds like you, I might like to meet you.
20. God has blessed me with a wonderful life. One of my favorite verses is, "And the God of all grace, who called you to His eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will Himself restore you and make you strong, firm, and steadfast." I Peter 5: 10. With Him, life gets better each and every day.
Hi old friend,ReplyDelete
It's so brave of you to ask for feedback.
I'm writing to encourage you. You're going to make someone a wonderful partner someday.
In my late twenties/early 30s, I went on over 40 internet dates -- so I totally understand how frustrating it can be.
I made a real study of the dating thing - treated it like a 2nd job. :) I don't think there is any correlation between one's profile and who it attracts. So much of human chemistry revolves around the in-person meeting.
All this to say -- your profile is fine... I know you've written the truth (which is important), and if it entertains you, that's the only other thing that matters.
Please feel free to email me as your journey continues -- I would be happy to lend an ear.
Thank you, Ruth! I appreciate the feedback. Thanks for sharing your experiences, too.ReplyDelete
I love your writing!
Hope you're doing well.