- I spent the night at a sleep study clinic where I was fitted with a CPAP machine that forced air into my nose so that I would not stop breathing while I slept. It was a weird sensation, and at first, I really had a problem with it. I felt like I wasn't getting enough air. It was almost like being underwater with a mask on. I think it took almost an hour to finally fall asleep. I woke up later and moved from my back to my side, and I immediately felt like I was breathing much better, and I slept much better. The technician walked in and ruined a pretty good night's sleep at 6 a.m., and I was free to leave. For 2014, I'm looking forward to better sleep, which will result in better all-around health.
- I enjoyed a nice morning conversation with my dad after returning to my parent's home after the sleep study. Dad's birthday was yesterday and he turned 69. He's in great health (compared to me) and really deserves more happiness than he has. He's such a great guy, and has been such a wonderful counselor, financial advisor, sports commiserater, and friend. I can hardly believe he will enter his 70s in 2014.
- I enjoyed putting a few more miles on my new Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. I traded in my 10 year old Jeep Liberty for something new, much to my daughter's chagrin. I bought the Liberty a short time after my wife died, and have had it for most of my daughter's life. She got very attached to it. I've always wanted a Wrangler and am looking forward to both a big blizzard to ride around in, as well as the first warm day to take the roof off. It exudes fun and adventure, which I'm looking forward to experiencing throughout 2014.
- I slept a good 2 hours during an afternoon nap. As well as I slept last night, it wasn't a very long night, and I felt like I needed the extra sleep. So it felt good to squeeze in a nap. I'm hoping for fewer naps in 2014.
- I enjoyed watching my daughter and my father play "cowboys and Indians" with Dad's plastic figurines from his childhood. They both looked like they had a lot of fun, though my daughter didn't appreciate my father using cowboys to dive bomb her characters.
- My daughter and I had a nice drive home from Mom & Dad's, with stops at Sweet Frog for frozen yogurt and Mandarin House for Chinese carryout. If you've not tried Mandarin House, located on All Saints Road in North Laurel, it is the best Chinese food in the area, bar none. With that said, I need to eat much more healthier in 2014.
- My fortune cookie fortune: "The time is right to make new friends." Hmmmm....I wonder what that's trying to tell me?
- And with all that...HAPPY NEW YEAR! May the Good Lord bless you in a wonderful way in 2014 and always.
Good night, everyone!
Post a Comment