Your Federal Government is working to make itself better! Today I participated with my colleagues in a management training workshop downtown in DC. It was especially interesting in that we were able to discuss a lot of the issues we're going through as a leadership team as we move towards the possibility of merging or creating a new organization. There are a lot of uncertainties at this point, but one thing that is certain is that change is on the horizon. The facilitator started us off with a neat little ice-breaker/warm-up consisting of the following questions. My answers appear after each question.
- What is your favorite word? I chose my daughter's name, Melody, as my favorite word. My wife and I loved the name, and due to it's "lyrical" sound, it's one of my favorite words.
- What is your least favorite word? I couldn't pick just one. Two words, much the same in meaning, strike me as terribly offensive when used to describe someone: stupid or idiot.
- What turns you on? The smell of blueberry pancakes, freshly prepared at a diner or other restaurant, during a road trip adventure.
- What turns you off? Politics. I hate politics, and I dislike many politicians. I believe that the best people to hold an elected office are much too intelligent to run.
- What sound or noise do you love? I love the sounds of a live band. There is nothing like hearing the thumping of a drum kit, or a guitar riff, or any number of instruments.
- What sound or noise do you hate? My alarm clock. Is there no worse way to wake up in the morning?
- What gets your heart racing? Roller coasters
- What profession would you like to attempt? I'd love to be a race car driver. And if that didn't work out, maybe a pastor?
- What profession would you not like to do? Anything involved with politics.
- What would you like to hear God say to you when you reach the pearly gates? Well done, my good and faithful servant.
Have a wonderful evening, everyone!