***The ABCs of me:
A - Age: 45
B - Bed: Queen-sized, sharing with the dog
C - Chores I hate: Cleaning house... I need a maid, taking applications
D - Dog's name: Scout (from TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD)
E - Essential start your day item: Glass of pulpy OJ
F - Favorite color: Red, black and gold
G - Gold or Silver: Both... silver watch, gold ring, silver cross
H - Height: 6' 2"
I - Instrument you play: Sax, clarinet
J - Job: Fed
K - Kids: Daughter - Melody
L - Living Arrangements: Sharing a house with my daughter and Faithful Pup
M - Mom's name: Gwendolyn (Gwen for short)
N - Nicknames: Von Zipper (by my Uncle Paul), Z-Bar (by my dad), Bubba (by my wife), Daddio (by Siri), and Daddy (by my daughter....less of a nickname and more of an identity)
O - Overnight hospital stay?: Yes, concussion (car accident)
P - Pet peeve: Bad drivers
Q - Quote from a movie: "No man is a failure who has friends," Clarence the Angel, IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE
R - Right or left handed: Right
S -Siblings: Younger sister and brother (Angie and Darren)
T - Time you wake up: 5:30 a.m.
U - Underwear: Yes
V - Vegetable you dislike: Lima beans
W - Workout style: Wii Fit
X - X-rays you've had: Head, shoulder, wrist, teeth, internal organs, and...um.....(down there)
Y - Yesterday's best moment: Breakfast with my daughter
Z - Zoo exhibit you like: The monkey house
***Sugar-free Peanut Butter Cookies
2 cups of smooth natural peanut butter
2 cups of granular no-calorie sucralose sweetener (e.g., Splenda®)
2 large eggs
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a baking sheet
2. Thoroughly mix together the peanut butter, sucralose, and eggs in a bowl. Drop mixture by spoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheet.
3. Bake in preheated oven until center appears dry, about 8 minutes.
4. Cool. Eat.
First Date Questions:
1, Who has been the biggest influence in your life? Dad
2. What kinds of things really make you laugh? Comedies, TV or movies, and my daughter being funny.
3. What's your favorite place in the entire world? Home. I also love the Black Hills of South Dakota.
4. Who is your best friend? What do you like about him/her? Dad is probably my best friend. I like that he knows me so well, and we have a lot in common. We enjoy just being together.
5. Favorite movie of all time? Why so? IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE, due to it's theme and message that life is a precious gift from God.
6. What's your biggest goal in life right now? To raise my daughter the right way, and that she will invite Jesus into her heart.
7. What is your favorite way to spend a Saturday? I love getting up early, going out to breakfast, then going to a bookstore or on a hike, depending on the weather.
8. Do you have any pet peeves? Bad drivers. I particularly have a difficult time with tailgaters.
9. What were you like as a kid? I was shy and quiet, very serious, and liked to be around grownups more than kids my age. My older cousins called me "Little Man".
10. Have you figured out your calling in life? What is it? I've never really thought about this... I guess my calling is to be a father first, and everything else will fall in place. However, I also feel like I'm no longer "growing up". At the age of 45, I should know who I am, and I believe I have "arrived".