Friday, September 12, 2014

Friday is the Best Day of the Week...After Saturday

Friday!  Fridays are truly my favorite day of the week.  I don't mind working on Fridays, and the day usually flies by.  There were only a few meetings scheduled, so the day was very easy and brain power was not too strained.  Today was one of those days that just flew right by, and it was beautiful outside, too, so my drive home was very nice.

I hate being out of pocket, but the past 24 hours has been that way.  My daughter, Melody, did not have school today, so that meant having to find care for her while I'm at work.  I weighed very heavily taking off from work today to spend some time with her, but duty called and I just couldn't do it.  Fortunately, Mom & Dad were available, and they picked her up from school yesterday while I worked a late meeting.  Afterward, I came home and cut the grass, then dressed in my Steelers best and drove over to Mom & Dad's for the Steelers-Ravens game.

The game itself was a major disappointment for Steeler's fans.  They were never really in the game, and lost miserably, 26-6.  I decided to spend the night there, which is why the blog wasn't updated yesterday, and I had a long night tossing and turning because I was so bothered by the Steeler's loss.

I was up early this morning, very tired, but ready to go.  And the day was quick.  After an almost three hour meeting with my management team, the rest of the day went by without issue, and I left to come home on time.

I was excited to see my daughter, who my father was bringing back home this afternoon.  I was content knowing that we would be back to normal.  In fact, I started weighing whether we might go to the drive-in this evening for some fun, though I quickly changed my mind when I saw that DOLPHIN TALE 2 was playing, a movie I had NO desire to see., and the teenage angst movie, IF I STAY, which is even worse.  When Dad finally arrived with my daughter at 6, I knew it was too late, anyway.

So then it was time to decide on dinner.  Melody had her heart set on hot dogs, and since I had turkey dogs in refrigerator, that was what we had.  I didn't know what else to make, though I knew we had a can of re fried beans (spicy!).  That seemed like an explosive combination, and while it might not sound good, it was better than expected.  However, shortly after finishing our meal, I started to feel a bit unwell.  In fact, I quickly knew that what I ate was not going to be digested very well, if at all.  And that's when it hit me.  And, just like that, it was gone.  I really should eat better.

I was feeling exhausted, and I actually fell asleep on the couch.  After snoozing for about an hour or so, I was awakened by my daughter, who was anxious for a small bowl of ice cream.  I complied, for her, but I decided that would be disastrous for myself.  That proved to be the right thing to do.

My Friday, which started out so promising, was quickly falling apart, and I've given in to the feeling of exhaustion which has gripped me.  So I'm hoping for a bigger, better Saturday, which is starting to sound like a it might really be my favorite day of the week.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment