Saturday, September 13, 2014

Satisfying Saturday

My day started early.  Faithful Pup Scout, who is a bit clock-challenged, decided she needed to go outside at 6:30 a.m.  Scout used to just paw my arm or hair to wake me up.  Now she barks.  And because her hearing isn't what it used to be, she doesn't use her "indoor" bark.  So I groggily pulled myself up, tucked the little 9 pound hairball into my arm like a football, and staggered down the stairs to the basement.  I did the ol' keep your eyes closed trick thinking it would help me get back to sleep once Scout took care of business.  Unfortunately, Scout decided to spend most of her time licking grass, which she does when she isn't feeling well.  So I had to drag her little butt back in the house.  I was pretty much wide awake by this time, so going back to bed wasn't going to happen.

Sweet daughter Melody wasn't up until almost 10, so it was a quiet morning.  I told her we were not going to just sit around all day, and that I had some ideas of things we could do.  There's an RV show happening at the State Fairgrounds in Timonium, and it seemed like a fun way to spend the day.  I've mentioned in the blog that my family had RVs while I was growing up, and camping is a lot of fun.  So while I'm not in a position to buy one just now, it might be fun to look at them.  Melody has no idea what they're all about, so it sounded like a good time.  What we didn't take into account was that it would rain, and it did.  Hard.  So that was the end of that plan.

Instead, Melody suggested we grab some lunch at one of our favorite pizza joints, Pub Dog.  Since the Maryland Terrapins were playing the West Virginia Mountaineers, I figured we could watch some of the game there, too.  Well, as soon as we sat down at a table, I looked around at the half-dozen TVs and saw the game wasn't on.  Our server confirmed the game was not on.  Bummer.  We ordered a couple of pizzas, though, and settled in.  The cook brought out the pizzas a few minutes later, but unfortunately, the order was wrong.  We never did figure out if the kitchen messed up or if the server put the order in wrong.  They made it right, though, and very quickly, so we were able to enjoy ourselves.  After eating, our server brought the bill.  Then, after Melody headed to the rest room, the server, a very attractive young lady in her late 20s, I'm guessing, came back over to our table and seriously began to flirt with me.  I'm usually pretty oblivious to stuff like this, but she was very obvious with her questions and small talk.  While I was very flattered, I figured she either lost a bet, or was desperate.  I don't think it was the latter.  Anyway, I did not return her interest, though I was polite.  She's just too young!  It was a nice experience, though.

We came home and I finally got to see the end of the Terps game versus WVU.  The game was tied 37-37 late in the game.  The Terps porous defense allowed WVU to go right down the field and kick a field goal as time expired.  WVU won 40-37.  I then grabbed a short nap before we headed back out to church.  Pastor Mitchel is a pretty good preacher, and he set the tone for the next series, emphasizing Pastor Mark's message from last week to Praise God, Engage each other, and Impact the world.

We grabbed dinner at Chick-Fil-A, grabbed a few groceries at Harris-Teeter, grabbed a few donuts at Dunkin' Donuts, and came home.  We are getting ready to crash.  It was a pretty darn good Saturday.

Have a great evening, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment